Rain and Thunder is a grassroots publication created and distributed by a collective of radical feminist women. Published three times a year, Rain and Thunder brings you the very best in radical feminist news, analysis, theory, community building, and activism.
Rain and Thunder has been published for over 17 years and continues to fill a much needed gap in the realm of independent feminist media. We offer a sliding scale subscription policy to ensure affordability and accessibility for all readers.
Please read through our website and learn more about us. Support grassroots feminist media!
Issue 65 (Summer 2016): Nature and the Environment IssueFeatured articles:
- Ending Capitalist Patriarchy: Subsistence, Resistance, Ecofeminist Transformation by Jeanne F. Neath
- Environmental Racism: A Letter from New Mexico to Flint by Beata Tsosie-Peña
- Women, Sustainability, & Climate Change — An Interview with Asoka Bandarage by Genny LaMorgan
- The Original Tree Huggers: Let Us Not Forget Their Sacrifice by Rucha Chitnis
- Once in a Hundred Years: Revisiting a Super Typhoon Site by Ninotchka Rosca
- African Women Organize to Reclaim Agriculture Against Corporate Takeover by Mphatheleini Makaulele
Issue 64 (Winter/Spring 2016): Open IssueFeatured articles:
- Waking Up to Rape Culture in Asheville by Heather Laine Talley
- Women Belong with Music by Tamar Dina
- Refugee Crisis: Where Are the Safe Havens for Women by Jackie Turner
- In Our Global Economy, Patriarchy Has Been Reborn in New Ways by Beatrix Campbell & Rahila Gupta
- Fay Blaney: Organizer, Advocate, Warrior Woman — An Interview by Jess Martin
- Vancouver Women Taking Back the Night by Daisy Kler
- Herbal Wellness for Radical Feminists by Rita Franz
We are seeking contributions for our upcoming issues:
Issue #66: On Lesbians and Lesbian Community (Deadline: September 15, 2016)
Support Feminist Media!
Get involved in ensuring Rain and Thunder's survival and growth!Donate
Rain and Thunder depends on grassroots support. Please consider making a donation to support radical feminist publishing!