Rain and Thunder is a grassroots publication created and distributed by a collective of radical feminist women. Published three times a year, Rain and Thunder brings you the very best in radical feminist news, analysis, theory, community building, and activism.
Rain and Thunder has been published for over 18 years and continues to fill a much needed gap in the realm of independent feminist media. We offer a sliding scale subscription policy to ensure affordability and accessibility for all readers.
Please read through our website and learn more about us. Support grassroots feminist media!
Issue 67 (Spring 2017): Open IssueFeatured articles:
- Goodbye to All That #3 by Robin Morgan
- The Amazing Disappearing 'Women' by Debbie Cameron
- Ecofeminist Consciousness Raising: Firing Up the Revolution by Jeanne Neath and Paula Mariedaughter
- Bloodroot Restaurant: A Vegetarian, Feminist Haven Celebrates 40 Years -- A Rain and Thunder Interview with Selma Miriam and Noel Furie
- Lesbians at the Heart of the Movement to End Men's Violence by Lepa Mladjenovic
- Your Silence Will Not Protect You: Racism in the Feminist Movement by Claire Heuchan
- The Voice of Berta Caceres Has Become the Voice of Millions by Daysi Flores
Issue 66 (Fall 2016): Lesbians and Lesbian Community IssueFeatured articles:
- Lesbian Quarters Revised: On Building Space, Identity, Institutional Memory and Resources by Elana Dykewomon
- The Black Lesbian Writers You Need to be Reading by Lisa C. Moore
- The Lesbian Herstory Archives: A Grassroots, Lesbian Cultural Creation -- A Rain and Thunder Interview with Co-Founder Joan Nestle
- Lesbians and Disability: Opening Another Closet by Victoria Brownworth
- Notes of a Feminist Lesbian in Wartime by Lepa Mladjenovic
- Finding the Lesbian Witches by Mary McClintock
- Lesbianism and Selfhood: An Exploration of a Contemporary Chinese Woman’s Novel by Xue Wei
We are seeking contributions for our upcoming issues:
Issue #68: Themed Issue on Resistance in the Age of Trump (Deadline: June 1, 2017)
Support Feminist Media!
Get involved in ensuring Rain and Thunder's survival and growth!Donate
Rain and Thunder depends on grassroots support. Please consider making a donation to support radical feminist publishing!